Skip To Main Content

Foreign nationals who travel to the U.S. to work temporarily in specialty occupations may be awarded H-1B status. There are four steps to obtain H-1B status that can be managed through Immigration Affairs and case management system Tracker.

TN Status is awarded to Canadian and Mexican citizen who come to the U.S. to work temporarily. Information regarding the requirements for entry into the U.S. is available. The initial period of stay is three years and extensions can be requested.

Australian professionals who travel to the U.S. to perform services in specialty occupations may be awarded E-3 Status. An approved LCA must be obtained and evidence of credentials are required when applying for this status.

The 0-1 visa status is awarded to professors and researchers of extraordinary ability in the fields of science, education, business or athletics. Documentation to support this status is required in duplicate hard copy to Immigration Affairs.

Faculty and staff may be eligible for Permanent Residence sponsorship. A request form must be submitted by the department sponsoring the individual. An employee may also seek sponsorship on their own.