The Dual Career Program exists to maximize employment opportunities for partners of current and/or future faculty members. Each client we serve is given personalized assistance depending on his/her/their work experience, career expectations, and employment status.
About the Program
Texas A&M recognizes meeting the needs of today's academic and professional couples is key in recruiting and retaining faculty. The Dual Career Program was created to assist faculty candidates and current faculty in balancing their work with the conflicting demands of life events, and maintain and strengthen the institution's ability to recruit and retain diverse faculty of excellence who are part of a dual career couple.
Services We Provide for Partners Seeking Faculty and Non-Faculty Positions
- Access to job openings at Texas A&M and the local community.
- Assistance with interviewing techniques, including mock interviews (Zoom as well as in-person), interview preparation, and etiquette
- Career coaching by an experienced consultant
- Information on job market salaries and benefits
- Job search techniques, job fairs, and local workforce office programs/trainings
- Local job search information, including websites and other resources
- Resume/curriculum vitae review and rewrite expertise to include cover letter writing
How it Works
The Dual Career Consultant, Dea Polk
, will conduct an initial consultation with you to determine employment needs.
You will be provided with a resume/curriculum vitae review based on local market preferences.
The Dual Career Consultant has extensive experience in all areas of the job search process and can provide a full range of services tailored to your needs.
*Additional resources available upon request.
"The Dual Career Program really made a difference in our decision to move our family to Texas. It was incredibly comforting to know several people were working hard to connect my husband to a position that was meaningful and aligned with his work experience and interests. We could not be happier with the services offered through the Dual Career Program." - Dr. Idia Thurston
"Upon arriving in College Station for my husband to begin working at Texas A&M University, we knew no one. Dea Polk and Dual Career were fantastic at making me feel welcome and assisting me with finding the right position at Texas A&M. Dea even conducted practice interviews with me to help me feel more comfortable and confident." - Susan Burton
There are no recommended events at this time for career seeking individuals to attend.