The Southeastern Conference (SEC) has implemented a Visiting Faculty Travel Grant Program
intended to enhance faculty collaboration between SEC universities. It gives faculty from one SEC university the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, conduct research, present lectures or symposia, or carry out other similar activities.
For the 2023 - 2024 SEC Travel Grants, the SEC and Faculty Affairs will fund ten awards to Texas A&M faculty of up to $1,500 each to defray travel costs, living expenses, etc., at another SEC member institution. All funds awarded during this cycle must be used by July 1, 2024. These funds are only available to Texas A&M University faculty.
Current Guidelines SEC Travel Grant Application Template SEC Travel Grant Participation Summary Report
If you are interested in applying for a SEC Travel Grant, please submit the following materials (as a single PDF except for photo):
- Brief statement of your plans at the SEC host institution (no more than 500 words)
- Brief bio sketch (no more than 125 words)
- Letter of invitation from a unit (department, center, institute, school) at the SEC host institution
- Letter of support from department head (1-page maximum)
- Color headshot photo (color, 1000x1000 pixels, 72 dpi, jpeg format)
For consideration, please submit the above materials in electronic format (as a single PDF
except for photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2023.
or contact Faculty Affairs at (979) 845-4274 with any questions.